Who may apply to this program?
• West Virginia 501 (c)(3) organizations
• Local governments
What are some examples of eligible projects?
• Performing a traditional or local folk art
• Hosting a traditional or local folk artist or organization for a performance or exhibition
• Providing workshops or trainings in a folk art related to the culture of West Virginia, Appalachia, or
applicant’s local community
What are some examples of eligible expenses?
• Fees and travel expenses for visiting instructors, trainers, and artists
• Space rentals
• Equipment rentals
Does this grant require matching funds?
• Yes - applicants must provide a 50% match to the total project costs
How will our application be evaluated?
• A panel consisting of West Virginia Commission on the Arts (WVCA) members, West Virginia
Department of Arts, Culture and History (WVDACH) staff, and colleagues will review applications
• Applications will be scored on the attached rubric
• Funding will be awarded based on application scores and available funds
Are there reporting requirements for this grant?