What is the purpose of this grant program?
• To provide up to $5,000 in support for visual two- and three-dimensional public art projects that engage
local youth in the planning and/or implementation of the project.
• Projects may be indoors or outdoors but must in a public place and experienced free of charge.
Who may apply to this program?
• 501(c)(3) WV youth or arts organizations
• Local governments
What are eligible expenses?
• Artist fees
• Equipment purchases or rentals
• Engineering/consulting fees
Does this grant require matching funds?
• Yes. Applicants must provide a 25% match to the total project costs.
How will our application be evaluated?
• A panel consisting of West Virginia Commission on the Arts members and staff will review applications.
Funds will be awarded based on available funding, quality of the proposed project, and potential impact
on the community.
• A scoring rubric is attached to this application.
• Bonus points will be given to projects that take place in counties designated as at-risk or distressed by
the Appalachian Regional Commission. View the county designations here: https://www.arc.gov/wp-