The WV SBDC shall accept applications from West Virginia based businesses for potential participation in the West Virginia SBIR/STTR matching funds program during the periods of: January 1-31, May 1-31, and September 1-30 each year.
A small business shall apply, under oath, to the department on forms prescribed by the department that include at least the following:
(1) The name of the small business, the form of business organization under which it is operated, and the names and addresses of the principals and management of the small business;
(2) For matching awards, notice of award from the funding agency of the SBIR/STTR Phase I or Phase II award;
(3) For matching awards, study section evaluation and comments; and
(4) Any other information necessary for the department to evaluate the application.
(5) The department shall review the application, determine whether the applicant satisfies the eligibility requirements, and determine whether to award matching grants.