Mini Grant Guidelines:
Applicant must be a registered West Virginia nonprofit organization, local government, or school
• Grant awards up to $500.00 to host a service project implemented by volunteers.
• This is a reimbursement grant, meaning that the organization will be responsible for
purchasing project materials upfront. Grantees will submit an invoice to Volunteer
West Virginia for payment after the event has been held.
• Organizations may only receive one award.
• Grants will be paid upon receipt of invoice and final report. The final report must
capture high quality photographs and results i.e. people served, project outcomes,
number of volunteers. The final report format and instructions will be included in the
• All mini-grant expenditures must be supported by appropriate
documentation. Appropriate documentation will include receipts or invoices showing
the name of the vendor, description of expense and individual charges.
Allowable Expenditures Include:
• Supplies For Volunteer Projects – Tools, paint, safety gear, gloves, art supplies, printing,
Unallowable Expenditures Include:
• The goal of the grant is to develop new volunteer projects in the community. Funding
cannot be used for annual and preexisting volunteer projects and events, general office
supplies, and salary.
• No Food, Beverages, Tee Shirts, Hats, Mileage
• Costs need to be necessary and reasonable for the project.
Funding announced July 24th, 2023
Training W August 2nd, 2023 at 11AM
Applications will be accepted through August 21st, 2023
Organizations will be notified by email by August 31st, 2023
Projects must be completed by November 1st, 2023
The mini grant final report and invoice must be submitted on or before November 8th, 2023