Posey Perry Emergency Food Distribution Grant Fund
Entity Eligible to Apply for Grant:
Affiliated member agencies of local Feeding America Food Bank (Facing Hunger Food Bank or Mountaineer Food Bank)
Type of Grant:
The Posey Perry Emergency Food Distribution Grant Fund was established and funded so that food pantries throughout West Virginia can ensure that no West Virginian goes hungry. This funding will provide eligible food pantries the funding necessary to purchase food to distribute while working to combat food insecurity. To apply for this funding, food pantries are encouraged to work directly with their local Feeding America Food Bank (Facing Hunger Food Bank or Mountaineer Food Bank).
- Eligible food pantries must be a member agency of either the Mountaineer Food Bank or the Facing Hunger Food Bank.
- Funding requests must be intended to meet the existing needs for hungry people through increased availably of food at a food pantries.
- Funding requests should describe and identify the current community need and gaps between foods needed and foods available to sufficiently feed the number of people in the area.
- An itemized budget for the use of funds should be included, along with an estimated timeline for use of funds.
- Additional sources of funding pursued or considered for this project should be identified.
- All funding distributed must be utilized within this fiscal year.
How to Apply
Eligible food pantries can apply by contacting their local Feeding America Food Bank.